- 1Plan before you shop. Making a game plan before you buy groceries will quickly save you tons of money. This will ensure that you only end up buying what you need and don't fall victim to the impulse buy.Write down everything you need for the week. The less times you go shopping, the less likely you'll be to pick up something you don't really need.Plan to shop for an hour or less. Try to race the clock when you shop so you don't spend time wandering around picking up things that look appealing.Plan to go shopping shortly after you've eaten. Everything will look less appealing if you're shopping on a full stomach. If you shop when you're hungry, you'll be more ambitious about what you can eat.
- 2Be a smart shopper. Once you've made a game plan, you need to execute it in a savvy way. There are a number of things you can do to continue to save money once you head to the grocery store.ads2222
- 3Be smart in the kitchen. Saving money on groceries is something you can do even after you've checked out. You can still save money by paying attention to how you prepare and store your items. Here's what you can do:Use everything you have. Make a goal of cooking everything you've purchased by the end of the week, and don't buy more groceries if you still have fresh produce in the fridge.Store your items smartly. Make sure to put away refrigerated items that you're done with before you eat and they will last longer. Strawberries will last longer if you store them on a paper towel in open Tupperware containers and dill and other herbs will last longer if you store them in paper bags.Freeze your bread and toast it when you make a sandwich. This will keep you from having to throw out half a loaf of bread every week.Make sure to cook items that will expire soon, like pasta that's been sitting in your cabinet for a while.
- 4Shop by unit price. Many grocery stores list a cost per unit of each item, such as the price per ounce or pound. Use these stickers when comparison shopping for the same product, just in a different size.
- 5Make a Groceries Budget. It’s time to sit down and do a budget to trim the fat, see where your hidden expenses are, and examine where your dollars are going. You can learn to build a budget in no time flat, or tune up one you currently have.
How to Save Money on Groceries
Everybody wants to save money on Groceries, but if you need to do it fast, there are a few quick tricks that will help you manage your budget. To save money on Groceries, you have to pay attention to where your dollars are going, as well as to make other small adjustments in your everyday life. If you want to know how to save money on Groceries, just follow these easy steps.